Most years what I read just breaks down to whatever I feel like reading most and get around to during that time, but this year I want to set some goals. While I hope to be able to check all of these off by the end of the year, it won’t kill me if I don’t accomplish some. The overall plan is just to read more!
- Work on completing the Diversity Bingo Challenge 2017 (as pictured below).
This is kind of a challenge within my goals, but like I said for my goals, it’s not something for me to beat myself up over if I don’t finish it. It is a way to make sure I’m reading from a wider range of perspectives.
- Read 1 Harry Potter book per month
- January – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- February – Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- March – Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- April – Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- May – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- June – Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- July – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows
- Read 1 Pretty Little Liars book per month once I finish the HP series
- August – Burned
- September – Crushed
- October – Deadly
- November –Toxic
- December – Vicious
If I get through multiple books in the series each month that is okay too! Maybe I’ll finish them early. They’re just two big series that I want to read or finish reading.
- Read 50 books total this year. This is what I set my Goodreads Challenge to the last two years and I’ve landed either right at it or over it so I figure it is a good baseline for my goal.
- An award-winning book
- A bestselling book
- Complete a full series or two
- Read a self-published book
- Read a book by a debut author
Most of these may seem pretty easy to complete, but I think they are a good way to guide my reading throughout the year and maybe force me to get to a few books I wouldn’t regularly.
Do you have reading goals for the New Year? Leave them in the comments down below and maybe I’ll be inspired to create a few new ones!